- HRH Princess Michael of Kent: A Cheetah’s Tale
- Obozowe Tango Reunited Zabawa 2017
- Lecture Series October - Palus Samartica
- New Art Series - Ewa Gargulinska
- Kino Klub: Art of Freedom
- Sir Winston Churchill: His Life and His Paintings
- Rula Lenska: My Mother's Memoirs
- Piano Recital: Artur Haftman
- Christmas Decorations Workshop
- Christmas Bazaar - Kiermasz Świąteczny 2017
From There To Here Part 2
The machines of 1966 were monstrous, power hungry, unreliable, quirky, dispensers of printed paper but at a speed which quirky, unreliable, humans could not match. Fifty years of Engineering, fuelled by a fear in the West of a different order of things, has resulted in the same device appearing everywhere as little more than a bejewelled bar of soap. The reduction of electronics to the nanometric scale now being de facto; James Wiltshire points to some significant contributions of women to computing, — the paucity of women working in the industry being a subject of current debate. Lastly James Wiltshire muses upon what computer seem not able to do yet, or do badly.
Date: 14 October 2015
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Member Ticket Price: £10 including a glass of wine.
Non-member Ticket Price: £10 including a glass of wine.
Buying Tickets: Payment Information can be found here - View